Contract with potential to become permanent
Monday through Friday 4pm-12pm:
Synthesizes, adjusts, and packages chemical buffers used in RNA reactions.
- Works with and handles materials in drums, cylinders, bulk tanks, etc.
- Accurately measures and records materials for buffers
- Adjusts batches of buffers using pipettes and other manual devices
- Follows the MSDS precautions while wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Completely and accurately records data such as temperature of equipment, hours of operations, raw materials, temperature and pressure, water levels and analysis of egress gases.
- Withdraws samples at times indicated and tests them to determine acidity, color and impurities.
- Adjusts the PH of solutions
- Minimum of HS Diploma is mandatory, a college degree in chemistry or equivalent experience highly preferred
- Detail oriented with highly focused outlook
- Ability to multitask and switch roles as needed
- Ability to accurately and repeatedly dispense small amounts of solutions using pipettes and manual dispensers
- Ability to verify contents and repackage small individual use bottles into kits
- 1+ year of previous laboratory, chemical operation experience is preferred, but not required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to use Excel spreadsheets and batch processing documentation
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to wear required personal protection equipment. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- The employee must be able to stand and walk for up to 3 hours a day
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website