2nd Shift Laboratory Technologist
Shift: 2PM-12AM (Tuesday-Friday, 10-hour shifts) with rotating weekends
Training: 8AM to 4:30PM (Monday-Friday) for 6-8 weeks
Kelly Science & Clinical has an excellent entry-level 3rd shift opportunity for those looking to get into a biology/microbiology laboratory setting. Specifically, this is a great opportunity for those interested in the medical/clinical field. Join a world leader in the food, environmental, and pharmaceutical industry in this clinical diagnostic testing setting!
Laboratory Technologist responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following prescribed procedures, performing any of the tests within any of the laboratory specialties. Calculating the results of the tests performed in necessary.
- Operating, calibrating, conducting performance checks, and maintaining any laboratory analyzers or equipment.
- Recognizing and correcting basic analyzer malfunctions. Notifying management personnel when appropriate.
- Preparing reagents or media from a prescribed procedure.
- Evaluating media, reagents, and calibrators according to established criteria.
- Conducting established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and products. Evaluating results of quality control and implements corrective action when indicated.
- Determining performance specifications for new methods.
- Confirming and verifying results through knowledge of techniques, principles, and analyzers.
- Monitoring quality assurance/continuous improvement programs.
- Monitoring safety programs in compliance with laboratory regulations.
- Utilizes laboratory information systems or other methods to accurately and effectively report patient results.
- Writing laboratory procedures conforming to standardized format.
- Reporting test results conforming to established procedures.
The ideal candidate would possess:
- This laboratory carefully maintains all hazardous materials. All employees must abide by the company's Safety and Exposure procedures. This includes using the provided safety clothing and equipment.
- For a list of potential chemical hazards, see appropriate MSDS sheet.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, materials, equipment, and techniques of medical technology.
- Knowledge of the principles of chemistry, biology, and bacteriology as related to medical technology.
- Some knowledge of recent developments in the field of medical technology.
- Ability to instruct subordinate technologist in areas of medical laboratory testing.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks according to prescribed procedures and to make accurate observations and records of tests results.
- Skill in the use of medical laboratory equipment.
- Analytical thinking and communication skills.
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science, or medical technology from an accredited institution required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website