Kelly IT is hiring a 3D Technical Artist (VR/AR) to join the team in Marietta, OH for a 12 month project. For consideration, please email your updated resume to the recruiter at email@example.com
3D Technical Artist (VR/AR)
7/2020 - 7/2021
Pay: $26.25/hr on W2
The Technical Artist will facilitate the collaboration with our manufacturing partners to integrate Virtual Reality (VR) technology and Augmented Reality (AR) as a digital/training and support solution for our employees and customers. This is a great opportunity to work with the Training Team to develop and deploy VR and AR applications into job aides and training materials to support our various businesses within the Client.
The Graphics Technical Artist will work directly under the Manager for Training & Development and is responsible for the development and delivery of 3D and 2D digital content to support manufacturing operations and all other duties assigned. The Technical artist will work closely with the digital arts group deploying digital content through multiple mediums such as; augmented step by step instructions, virtual reality procedures, animated procedures, and digital eLearning courses, application support development, holographic design, and new R&D design. A wide degree of creativity and self-motivation is expected. Travel up to 40% or as required.
What will you do?
- Use development tools including Autodesk Maya/Max, Unity, Photoshop, and Substance Suite to create art assets needed for projects.
- Visually recreate or hand model complex equipment to be deployed and used within game engines.
- Remodel CAD into usable assets within a game engine.
- Reduce polygon counts.
- Texturing and UV unwrapping.
- Use knowledge of environment design to create compelling 3D content including lighting, texturing, post-processing, layout, etc.
- Create basic rig setups for organic and inorganic objects
- Play test and provide feedback to improve the user experience of related projects.
- Support Learning and Development teams by building graphic content to aide in the creation of augmented work procedures.
- Coordinate with Training Teams, Subject Matter Experts and Quality teams for knowledge transfer to support the development of training courses to align with the company goals.
- Understand standard systems development life-cycle processes and apply methodology effectively on client engagements.
- Adhere to graphic standards defined by technical management and follow the preset protocols.
- Test the developed functionality before completing the tasks.
- Integrate proper design philosophies in creating UI and UX for VR/AR applications.
- Meet regular production timelines and measurable goals and establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Plan and forecast timelines for project goals and deliverables.
- Gather and refine specifications/requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Maintain, expand, and scale site projects.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
- Assist with developing of digital arts e-learning content, photography and videography knowledge a plus.
How will you get here?
- BA/MA in a technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level. In lieu of 4 year technical degree in training design, computer graphics, interactive digital technology, or game engineering must have 5-7 years of relative work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct related experience.
- Scientific industry experience and knowledge a plus.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of 3D Modeling tools including: Unity, Unreal, Autodesk Maya/Max, 3D Lighting and UV Unwrapping, Substance Suite, Photoshop.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Project, and SharePoint).
- Solid planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Able to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment comfortably.
- Able to travel up to 40%
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website