At Kelly® Professional & Industrial, we're passionate about helping you find a job that works for you. How about this one? We're seeking a General Accountant for one of our client of ours in Eastlake, Ohio. With us, it's all about finding the job that's just right.
What's a typical day look like as a General Accountant?
This position is multifaceted with widely varying responsibilities. The person hired for this position will be able to fill the roles of all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger
- Calculate weekly ADP Union Payroll (Certified Payroll & Prevailing Wage)
- Job costing payroll expenses to projects
- Balance ADP payroll to job costing for accuracy
- Union maintenance – calculating and submitting monthly dues for payment
- Weekly Payroll adjusting journal entries
- 401K calculations and submittal
- Enter invoices to appropriate profit centers
- Weekly check runs
- Checkbook and vendor maintenance
- Progress and final billings
- AIA invoicing
- Lien Waivers
- Change order and purchase order follow up
- Maintain Customer master accounts
- Maintenance of A/R aging
- Collections and statements
- Prepare monthly preliminary financial statements for accountant
- Miscellaneous journal entries as necessary
- Year-end financial information
- Tax preparation and payments
- Setting up new jobs in accounting software
- Closing and filing completed jobs
- Preparing monthly accounting reports
- Minimum 5 years' experience (union and construction background)
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Exceptional organization skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multitask and be detail oriented
- Knowledge of Computer Ease accounting software extremely beneficial
Get a complete career fit with Kelly®.
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website