Provides administrative support to department or one or more physicians. Performs routine tasks, such as typing correspondence, scheduling patient appointments for a limited number of physicians and business appointments. Requires basic knowledge of medical terminology and insurance information. Where the electronic system is in use, this position will utilize the system as documented in the department and/or FPI standard operating procedure and process.
Pay Rate: $17.00 - $19.00/hour
Schedule: 8am - 4:30pm M-F
- Greets, screens, and directs patients, visitors and internal customers.
- Performs secretarial/clerical duties including medical transcription, composition, and dictation
- Prepares and processes correspondence. Answers routine medical inquiries and drafts letters.
- Performs medical receptionist duties as necessary. Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages, and provides information
- Obtains, verifies, and updates patient information and provides support services to patients, families, and medical staff.
- Requests, locates, sends and receives patient medical records
- Schedules patients accurately and timely following FPI/PA processes
- Prepares charts and time tables. Assists with preparation of agendas, materials, notes, etc.
- Completes mandatory employee health, workers compensation, HR processes and other training and requirements in required time frame to insure compliance with all FPI rules and regulations.
- Attend meetings, maintain files, order office supplies, ability to access electronic medical records.
Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of one to two years of working in a medical office setting; knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Accurate typing and data entry skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Basic knowledge of software used by department.
- Knowledge of general customer service practices.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with team members and public.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to type 40 wpm
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
Knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website