Advanced Manufacturing Engineer – CNC Machining
Kelly Engineering Resources has an exciting direct-hire opportunity for an Advanced Manufacturing Engineer at a reputable bearing manufacturer in Northville, MI. The ideal candidate will have experience in automotive manufacturing and a minimum of 2+ years in CNC machining and centerless grinding.
- Develops grinding, machining & assembly processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Develops and maintains CNC programs for grinding, turning/milling & honing/super finishing machines.
- Help senior engineers through complete APQP process, installs and initial start-up of equipment.
- Creates and maintains process routings, process drawings, CNC programs, and tooling lists.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Improves grinding efficiency and cycle time by redesigning tooling/fixtures, develop new grinding wheels and dressing wheels by researching, testing various feed rates/depth of cuts, and taking direction from senior engineers.
- Develop plant layouts, work instructions, process flow layout, set?up procedures while adhering to safety, quality and productivity procedures and policies.
- Handle automation with robotic materials and parts.
- Development and management of process FMEA's and other process documentation. Troubleshooting of processes and equipment.
- Develop, monitor, and report production measurables and productivity incentive plans. Support senior engineers and or lead sometimes refurbishing and repurposing of equipment.
- Use SolidWorks to create process models/process drawings.
- Create ballooned drawings & inspection standards for part manufacturing.
- Develop standard procedures to improve manufacture processes and to reduce overall cost.
- Communicate with customers & suppliers to understand and determine product specifications.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Work with product development team to manufacture prototypes and work with product engineers to assure manufacturability.
- Ensure the consideration of internal process standards and lessons learned, make sure that experiences and lessons learned are communicated back to the organization.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Production Engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in centerless grinding & automated assembly processes is a must
- 3+ years of work experience in automotive manufacturing environment.
- APQP, SPC, FMEA, & 8D Problem Solving experience must
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Concepts preferred
- ERP experience, thorough understanding of setting up processes and BOM's
- Familiarity with automotive specifications and GD&T
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel including customers & suppliers
- Experience in bearings, half-shaft components and power steering components manufacturing a plus
- Experience working in a mass production environment with tight tolerances.
- Hands on experience using Solid works, AutoCAD, or inventor
- Bilingual: English & Chinese (a plus)
Why Kelly® Engineering?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. At Kelly Engineering, our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. We connect you with leading organizations where you can collaborate on innovative projects, work with cutting-edge technologies and accelerate your growth. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects or are looking for a long-term opportunity, we're here to guide you to the next step in your engineering career.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website