Animal Husbandry Technician
Monday-Friday, 5:30AM-1:30PM (and every 3rd weekend 5:30AM-8:30AM)
Kelly Science & Clinical is interviewing and hiring immediately for an animal husbandry technician in Cleveland, Ohio with a top-ranked private research university. This role is a great fit for someone interested in pursuing research and/or veterinary care in the future, as well as grow long term with this team. All training would be provided for great candidates!
1. Feed and water animals, change cage bedding, change animals from dirty to clean cages and disinfect animal quarters. Observe animals during this process and note and report anything unusual that may indicate problems with the animals such as health related problems, housing/caging, overcrowded conditions, food or water problems. (34%)
2. Inspect animals in assigned area daily and reports abnormalities to animal husbandry manager, team leader and/or veterinary staff. (10%)
3. Use a handheld or stationary tablet device to perform animal health observations, animal inventory and daily checklist in a data software application. (8%)
4. Perform routine housekeeping duties to maintain animal rooms. Clean and keep areas neat and free of clutter per United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC) guides (counters, sinks, carts, etc.). (10%)
5. Remove dead animals from cages, tag and label with identifying data, prepare death certificates, and place in post-mortem refrigerator and notify responsible veterinarian. (6%)
6. Assist research investigators and attending veterinarians in handling, manipulation and treatment of animals within the Animal Resource Center. Following specific instructions, administer medication or experimental materials to animals. (6%)
7. Maintain compliance to ARC policies and all applicable regulations for animal research care and attend training as required. (6%)
8. Wear necessary personal protective clothing and equipment per policy; take additional precautions when assigned to special areas housing animals; e.g. in microisolators, laminar flow hoods, those under quarantine or animals used for radioisotope, carcinogen or other biohazard research. Observe special precautions for handling and the disposal of contaminated material per established protocols. (6%)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website