POSITION: Medical Assembler I - Medical Devices / Lab
WORK LOCATION: Miramar, Florida 33025
WORK HOURS: 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT: Short term (6 months)
The Assembler will perform medical device assembly work using microscope and small hand tools such as tweezers, and razor in a Clean Room environment. Understand and apply all manufacturing procedures and other necessary documentation as it relates to the product line. Work with assigned equipment and recognize mechanical problems as they arise. Comply with all safety, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). May provide training to other team members as requested by Line Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Set up of assembly area to complete task in the most efficient manner possible.
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
- Recognize failures in the production line and inform Production Manager.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Notifying Production Manager of low inventory supplies.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent is required
- A minimum of six months of job experience in a medical assembly is required.
- Previous soldering experience is a plus
- General knowledge of clean room practices and procedures are also preferred.
- The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English is required.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers is required.
- The ability to apply basic measuring techniques including scales, rulers, metric and U.S. measurement is required.
- Must be able to be on your feet for the duration of the shift.
- Lifting 5 to 15 pounds is required on occasion.
- Quality Control experience is a plus.
- Must be dependable and able to function independently with desire to succeed in a fast dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
- Dependable (understand attendance policies, break schedules, and work schedules)
This position requires daily commute to Miramar, FL for the 1st shift position and may require additional overtime, including an occasional Saturday.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to work and communicate well with others
- Ability to give and understand instructions, both verbal and written.
- Must be willing to work with a team concept.
- Must be willing to accept change and additional responsibilities and training associated with change.
- Positive Attitude
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
*** Important information ****
This position is not represented by the local Kelly Services branch. For immediate consideration send resume in word format to: linda.harris@KellyServices.com
In subject line Assembler I - Medical Devices / Lab, Miramar, full name and phone number
If new to Kelly Services, created a Kelly profile today. New positions are posted daily.
Recruiter, Global Business Services – Recruiting Nation
Work +1 904 295 4098
Follow me on LinkedIn
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website