Associate Analytical Chemist (contract-to-hire, Battle Creek, MI)
Overview: Kelly Services® is seeking a motivated, hardworking individual to join our client's team as an Analytical Chemist. This is a full-time contract-to-hire role for a world leader in food, environment, pharma product testing & agroscience CRO services. This is a first-shift, Monday through Friday position, overtime and/or weekend work is unlikely, occasional travel to plants to provide near line support may be required (10-15%). This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate with a degree in chemistry and basic laboratory skills.
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Type: contract-to-hire, full-time (40+ hours per week)
Schedule: M-F, 9-4
Pay Rate: $18.50/hr
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Learns to conduct routine analyses in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Learns how to document work and maintain study documentation and laboratory records.
- Learns how to use laboratory equipment and software appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Degree in Chemistry or a similar discipline preferred
- Basic lab skill / familiarity with testing equipment
- Analytical Instruments, GC-MS, Some LC and LC/MS, FTIR, SEM/EDS, UV/Vis, Microscope
- Solid communication skills (written & verbal), thorough attention to detail
- This role is best suited for a proactive, self-motivated and ambitious person with a strong work ethic, able to work in a dynamic environment and quickly adapt to changing priorities.
Please note that resumes from third parties will not be accepted. All candidates must be presently authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Apply today for immediate consideration or send your resume directly to
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website