Associate Manufacturing Technician – Biotech (Pleasanton, CA)
Full Time, Temporary Assignment for 1 year (can possibly extend longer)
Possible shifts available:
Day shift – Pay Rate: $20.00/hour
- Sunday to Wednesday & Wednesday to Saturday, 5:00 am- 3:30 pm
- Monday to Friday, 5:30 am – 2:00 pm
Swing shift – Pay Rate: $22.00/hour
- Sunday to Wednesday & Wednesday to Saturday, 3:45 pm- 2:15 am
- Monday to Friday, 2:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Manufacture Oligonucleotides/Custom Primers for use in the biotech industry by following established protocols and SOPs.
- Operate semi-automated and automated basic lab equipment.
- Regularly evaluate non-routine test results and either fail the product or allow it to continue through the production cycle.
- Highly repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Understand scientific principles in order to problem solve, troubleshoot test results, evaluate alternative choices and exercise independent judgment in selecting the best solution.
- Provide multiple decision options and corresponding logic/data behind the decisions.
- Proactively identifies production problems.
- Provides feedback and contributes ideas and suggestions to new and/or improved lab techniques, protocols, processes, special handling of the product and equipment.
- Balance multiple tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the use of basic lab techniques and basic computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet standards as defined by the manufacturing process.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete documentation completes BR, get necessary verifications, document problems, bring deviations to the attention of the Leads/Supervisors.
- Continuously strive to improve output goals.
- Demonstrate good time management resulting in efficiency.
- Support cost improvement initiatives by reducing failures, improving capacity and using supplies wisely.
- Reduce work in process, queues and cycle times. Inform appropriate people about problems/questions; be prepared to discuss problems/questions clearly.
- Work in a safe manner.
- Work with team members to overcome obstacles.
- Collaborate, support and consult with other team members as necessary.
- Give and receive constructive feedback.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Nature and Scope Position: occupies a significant role in mainstream oligonucleotide production. Ability to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- 1 year of Science lab experience required may be obtained through work or school.
- Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas within the manufacturing work cells.
- Degree preferred but willing to consider candidates with relevant experience.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software Excel and Word are required.
- Works in a team-based laboratory environment.
- Is required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours.
- The above position will require you to work a flexible shift pattern.
Apply Now for Immediate Consideration!
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website