Provides technical leadership, guidance, and approval; in the design and development of fixtures and machinery for inspection, assembly, and testing of medical devices. Will be responsible for participating in the design and implementation of automatic systems. Responsible for managing multiple moderate to highly complex engineering projects with minimal direction and necessary project management to ensure successful and timely implementation of projects.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, quality standards, and Corporate/site policies.
- Leads the design, implementation, and commissioning of manual, semiautomatic, and automatic assembly machines and production lines utilizing robotics, linear motion components, conveyors, bowl feeders, fluid dispensing equipment, electronics, and others.
- Utilizes strong mechanical machine design skills to develop technical user requirements for outside vendors to bid and construct custom assembly machines.
- Develops tooling and fixtures, and concept prototype assembly machines that result in a complete production automation system.
- Generates parametric and 3D CAD models, parts, assemblies, and drawings of custom components.
- Specifies materials, heat treatment, coatings, motion components, and controls of custom equipment.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues, and works as a member of a core team to help resolve open issues, along with driving process improvement in design, layout, and operational performance.
- Contributes towards the launch and sustainment of medical devices to maximize relevant performance, minimize time to market, and minimize product cost.
- Exercises initiative, discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objective of assignme .
- Works under only general direction.
- Wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Builds knowledge of cross business unit products/processes within his/her business unit and Division.
- Provides solutions to a wide range of complex technical problems where the analysis of situations and data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are innovative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organizational objectives .
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- May function in technical leadership role on multiple projects.
- May train others on functional area related topics.
- Monitors and controls progress of projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed/achieved.
- Performs design reviews to evaluate metrics, technical challenges, design evolution, potential problems, etc.
- May originate, update and control the project binder
- More than 5 years related engineering experience.
- Familiarity with control systems, PLC's and HMI's.
- Hands-on experience developing custom mechanical assembly systems.
- Experience designing and fabricating tooling fixtures and jigs.
- Experience and training with SCADA robots and machine vision systems.
- Experience with high volume, fully or semi-automated mechanical assembly manufacturing.
- DFM training
- Excellent technical competencies record and evidence of mastery in current or previous area of assignment.
- B.S. in Engineering with five or more years of experience or Advanced Degree with three or more years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing machinery.
- Working knowledge of Pro-E or Solid-works computer aided modeling and drafting desirable.
Why Kelly® Engineering?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. At Kelly Engineering, our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. We connect you with leading organizations where you can collaborate on innovative projects, work with cutting-edge technologies and accelerate your growth. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects or are looking for a long-term opportunity, we're here to guide you to the next step in your engineering career.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website