Work Location: New Brighton, MN
Job Title: Buyer
Duration: 11 Months (Temporary/Contract)
Buyer – New Brighton, MN
Kelly Services is currently seeking a BUYER for one of our top clients in New Brighton, MN.
The Buyer is responsible for developing purchasing schedules, supplier selection and management, negotiating and purchasing subcontract machined products and fabrications.
The Buyer performs a variety of production planning activities in addition to purchasing required to attain production objectives in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Reviews, negotiates and approves purchase requisitions, analyzes and works with internal technical customers in developing functional specifications, prepares RFQ's, effectively sources and obtains proposals on assigned requirements. Performs analysis and negotiates commercial terms with suppliers.
• Participates in the proposal estimating process by providing timely and accurate quotes to Sales and work closely with Engineering on make/buy decisions and design changes. Participate in qualifying and selecting new suppliers, including conducting supplier performance visits and monitoring supplier performance. Track and publish supplier performance metrics.
• Utilize pricing and cost analysis techniques to assure that the organization is receiving the best value for its purchasing dollar.
• Negotiates and settles damage claims, rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers. Participates on the Materials Review Board.
• Bachelor's degree
• Five years of purchasing experience
• Purchasing experience in the aerospace industry or in a precision machine shop environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, effective negotiation skills, good understanding of cost analysis and price analysis techniques and a basic understanding of contract law.
• Ability to read, analyze and understand technical subjects in the aerospace industry such as technical specifications, technical procedures and process descriptions.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Mechanical comprehension.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website