Kelly Services is currently seeking Buyer - REMOTE for one of our top clients in Burr Ridge, IL.
JOB TITLE: Buyer - REMOTE
INDUSTRY: Medical Device
WORK LOCATION: Burr Ridge, IL
DURATION: 3 Months (Temporary / Contract)
Location: this position is for either Burr Ridge and/or Racine. Working remote until further notice.
Collaborates with suppliers for assigned items, supplies, and/or materials for assigned group/platform.
1) Supplier selection for new product
a. Focused on:
i. Total Cost (piece price, tooling, transportation, packaging, etc.)
1) Key Stake Holder Management
a. Alignment of all key stakeholder's objectives during the sourcing process
TOTAL ACQUISITION COST MANAGEMENT
1) Identify risks and opportunities for the total cost of current products
a. Forecast budgetary impacts of risks and opportunities
i. Raw material impacts
ii. Economic impacts
iii. Currency impacts
iv. Capacity impacts
v. Tariff impacts
vi. Transportation impacts
vii. Packaging impacts
b. Create mitigation plans for risks and implementation plans for opportunities
i. Resourcing current product
ii. Market testing current product pricing
iii. Technical cost reductions
iv. Tracking raw material indices
v. Capacity improvements
2) Lead negotiations for total cost improvement of current products
a. Raw material
b. Market test results (back leverage)
c. New business award
f. Capacity improvements
3) Lead supplier activities for total cost improvement projects with internal customers and support functions
b. Price book positioning for supplier options
c. Technical cost reductions
RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT (SUPPLY BASE)
1) Supply/Relation Champion
a. Highest escalation point to resolve supply base issues
i. Product cost disputes
ii. Delivery delays
iii. Quality concerns
iv. Product development timing delays
v. Capacity concerns
vi. Invoicing issues
vii. Warranty claims
viii. Trade compliance issues
2) Contract Negotiations
a. Long term purchasing agreements
b. General terms & conditions
c. Raw material indexation agreements
d. Warranty agreements
e. Co-development agreements
f. Non-disclosure agreements
g. World class manufacturing agreements
PURCHASING STRATEGY MANAGEMENT
1) Define/create interim and long term purchasing strategies to secure the supply of products
a. Lowest cost
b. Acceptable quality
c. On-time delivery
d. Best in class product innovation and development
2) Identify product innovation trends
3) Identify market demands
4) Identify industry trends
5) Identify competitive benchmark within each commodity
Career Type: Professional
Work is primarily achieved by an individual or through project teams; requiring application of expertise in professional area(s) to achieve results. Progression within classification is reflected by increasing depth of professional knowledge, project management, and ability to influence others.
1) Intermediate professional role, responsible for delivery of professional activities with moderate guidance and direction.
2) Focuses on providing routine advice and creates initial reports / analyses for review by more experienced team members.
1) Accountable for meeting own targets, which impact the immediate work area.
1) Impact is generally limited to short-term team performance, occasionally on medium-term goals.
2) Makes more impactful contributions to team performance.
Knowledge & Application
1) Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline and of company policies, practices, and procedures while still acquiring in-depth knowledge and skills.
2) Determines appropriate courses of action based on guidelines, and modifies processes and methods as required.
1) Uses previous experience, analysis and investigation to identify the most appropriate option to solve a range of differing but routine problems.
1) Communicates fairly complex information related to the body of knowledge within the team or area.
2) May convey information to audiences not knowledgeable of the subject matter.
3) Provides informal guidance to less experienced colleagues.
A Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website