Process Operator - Chemical Mixing/Blending
Kelly Services is recruiting for a Process Operating Technician in Ringwood, IL. The successful candidate will become part of a 3 shift rotating team responsible for all aspects of batch production. The assets are aligned to the R&D team Scale-up and development area with the expectation the candidate learns new technology and manages a workload with frequently changing products.
The shifts are based on an 8 hour rotating schedule (1st, 2nd & 3rd shift) 24hour/5 days a week.
The R&D Scale-up Area is also known as Semiworks. We have a varied product technology work flow which includes polyurethanes, polyesters, acrylics, EVA dispersions, and others in water, solvent or solvent-free medium. The reactors range in size from 5 to 1000 gallons.
Key job responsibilities:
- The position includes the safe preparation and operation of chemical batch reactors, distillation columns, and container filling processes. The position requires sound decision making skills and an ability to succeed in an environment where technology and products are changing frequently.
- The physical requirements of the job include ability to lift up to 55 lbs., operating valves, pumps and hoses, and moving heavy materials with the aid of equipment. This person must be able to climb stairs and ladders, and drive a forklift.
- Sampling and handling chemical raw materials and finished goods, handling organic solvents, hazardous and non-hazardous waste, and performing some analytical and lab tasks. Calculate various measurements using basic math skills.
- Must have basic computer knowledge and skills for accurately entering data into the SAP/NEA system, operating Delta V controls, navigate WEBEDMS, and be able to use communication tools such as e-mail and Logbook to communicate safety and process problems/concerns.
- Issue Safe Work Permits and write work orders.
- Actively participate in all applicable environmental, health and safety programs. Actively participate in improving department and plant safety performance. Participate in all relevant Site and Plant training programs.
- As required, participate in root cause investigations, and 5-Whys.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment including safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and other protective equipment must be worn where required – this person must pass a respirator fit test.
Critical Success Factors:
- Demonstrate the highest ethical, quality and safety standards.
- Personal values aligned with customers' expectations in respect for people. Candidate must be able to work effectively as a shift partner and team member. This person must show leadership in safety.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility, strong, self-motivation, excellent communication skills and developing new skills that contribute to the team's success. Seeks and provides feedback to improve performance for self and teammates.
High School Diploma is required. Basic computer skills are necessary.
This position is being recruited by a remote Kelly Services Office. Please do not contact your local branch to apply for this position. In order to apply for the Process Operating Technician, please click on the "Apply Now" button below or call Leigh at (815) 476-1242.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website