Chemist - Analytical and Organic Synthesis Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Chemist to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
- Develop analytical methods for PET radiotracers (e.g., HPLC methods).
- Perform PET radiotracers production and analyses in full compliance with pertaining regulations (e.g., INDs).
- Comply with training requirements for PET radiotracer production and analysis.
- Perform regular syntheses of radiotracers on automated synthesis devices.
- Maintain automated apparatus for radiosyntheses.
- Perform experimental radiochemistry.
- Perform radiochemical analyses on radiotracers, using techniques such as radio-TLC and radio-HPLC.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (reference compounds and precursors for labeling) in support of the medicinal chemistry program.
- Work up and implement new methods.
- Ensure radiation safety during radiosyntheses and radioanalytical chemistry operations.
- Record raw data; file data accessibly.
- Contribute to laboratory activities and findings at laboratory meetings.
- Work with staff to prepare laboratory findings for publication and presentation at meetings.
- Perform organic synthesis of key materials (e.g., reference compounds and precursors for labeling).
- Work with staff on exploratory-IND applications.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Master's degree in Chemistry or a related discipline. Two (2) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a related field.
- Experience with analytical and organic chemistry.
- Practical experience with analytical and/or synthetic organic chemistry.
- Familiarity with the theory and practice of separation techniques such as HPLC.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website