Chief Medical Officer (Therapeutics) - San Diego, CA
Kelly Scientific has an exciting opportunity for a Chief Medical Officer to work with one of top clients in San Diego, CA that focuses on Medical Diagnostics/Therapeutics!
Prefer Candidates that are local to the Southern California/ San Diego Area, but open to remote work!
The Chief Medical Officer will join a dynamic and experienced leadership team dedicated to the successful development and product launch. The CMO will provide essential medical guidance and expertise for all aspects of the effort and will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to that success.
- As a member of an experienced senior management team, translate the corporate strategy of the company into an integrated clinical strategy for novel diagnostic assays/products leading to the regulatory submission and approval of product candidates.
- Provide medical expertise and knowledge to support the clinical development activities in positioning proprietary medical diagnostics tests in the relevant clinical setting to ensure optimal clinical development and commercial positioning for end users and strategic partners.
- Provide clinical guidance, support and education to customers as well as prospective customers.
- Be the subject matter expertise in animal and clinical trials for in vivo and topical product solutions for medical and consumer applications.
- Immunology toxicology FDA knowledge base to make scientific decisions for the quality of the science and the strategic vision for the company
- Process and interpret data from trials including outcomes and findings leading to recommendations on clinical development and regulatory filing strategies.
- Manage the presentation of key clinical findings to internal and external stakeholders, including the company's Board of Directors and venture fund partners on request.
- Create and Present presentations to the FDA, DOD and other regulatory agencies
- Provide input for development - working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and , Chief Executive Officer
- Build upon and maintain the existing clinical network with external medical/scientific experts and key opinion leaders.
- M.D. or PhD with a minimum of 6-10 years in the Therapeutic/Biotechnology industry.
- MBA also a plus!
- Experience with animal and clinical trials for in vivo and topical product solutions for medical and consumer applications
- Be motivated by working in a smaller, high-growth company environment that prizes individual initiative and lack of large company structure.
- Demonstrated leadership of successful teams with a history of developing a culture of teamwork, collaboration and communication.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic commercial drivers of products
- Ability to work and flourish in the culture of a small biotech company is a must.
- Good conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Good time management, the ability to handle multiple, competing tasks and strong decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively.
Questions? Contact Kevin at email@example.com or call at 623-688-2142
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website