Clinical Laboratory Associate Scientist - La Jolla, CA
Direct Hire Opportunity for experienced Clinical Laboratory Professional in La Jolla, CA. Academic experience will be considered. We are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Associate Scientist who will be a key contributor in the laboratory processing, development, experimentation, and management of innovative multi-omic assays for novel applications in Oncology. Experience with PCR, NGS, and DNA extraction is preferred. Opportunity to earn stock options!
- Help execute multi-omic assay technologies, SOPs, and laboratory workflows used to analyze samples, including isolation of nucleic acids DNA/RNA from banked biospecimens and QC.
- Handle biospecimens in a molecular diagnostic setting with separate areas of pre-PCR and post-PCR procedures rooms.
- Conduct next-generation sequencing NGS -based analyses of DNA and other biomarkers.
- Support sample accessioning, processing and storage workflow.
- Operate under the direction of the Head of Assay Development. This role requires meticulous recordkeeping, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and be flexible with assignments and schedules.
- BS and/or MS or equivalent industry experience in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, or a closely related field.
- 1-4 years of experience in a high-complexity molecular diagnostics laboratory setting in industry or academia.
- Broad knowledge of molecular biology techniques, including general nucleic acid extraction DNA/RNA , sample QC on Tapestation, Bioanalyzer or Qubit.
- Experience with PCR library preparation for next generation sequencing and sequencing platforms including Illumina NextSeq and NovaSeq is preferred.
- Ability to work rotating shift. Hours are 6:00pm to 8:00am.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website