Clinical Laboratory Specialist/Technician - 3rd shift/Weekend (Tempe, AZ)
We are proud to offer an exciting temp opportunity to work at a Blood Donor Testing Laboratory located in Tempe, AZ.â??
Work Schedule: Friday - Sunday 10:00 pm to 10:30 AM, but must be open to training Monday-Friday.
Base Pay is $16.58/hr plus a 8% differential for working 3rd shift/weekend
Summary: Under direct supervision, this position is responsible for performing routine testing of biological specimens. Works with other team members to ensure timely and quality test results
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Adheres to the absence policy, as outlined by management.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation. Ensures maintenance of donor, patient and employee confidentiality.
- Prepares, labels, and performs prequalification of reagents.
- Performs routine testing of biological samples and notifies appropriate personnel of any identified problems. Operates equipment and monitors for errors and responds appropriately.
- Performs record review.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment, identifies equipment malfunctions, and notifies appropriate personnel if additional action is needed.
- Assists with monitoring supply and reagent levels, notifies appropriate personnel when new supplies are needed.
- Receives and manages incoming supplies and reagents.
- Maintains the cleanliness of equipment and work areas. Adheres to safety guidelines.
- Analyzes problems and makes decisions on corrective action for routine reagent or equipment problems.
- Assists with performing required competency assessments and completing documentation
- Assists with or participates on process improvement teams.
- Bachelors Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Biomedical, Molecular/Cellular Biology or Microbiology
- CLIA requirements for High Complexity Testing required.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate as an active team member.
- Must be able to understand, follow, and give precise written and verbal instructions, and perform all activities safely.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written procedures and instructions
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website