Hiring CNC Machine Operator in New Market, VA for Kennametal
Contact Lisa today to discuss this opportunity at (630) 234-4773 CALL/TEXT
Immediate openings for a dependable CNC Machine Operator to work in New Market, VA. The facility is a very clean and organized shop - many machines that you will work on are less than 10-years old. Several employees enjoy 20+ years of experience at the facility and are eager to share their knowledge of the organization. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing company that offers highly competitive pay, excellent benefits day 1 of employment, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
Work Hours: 3rd shift: (10:45 PM to 7:15 PM)
Pay: $19-$22 per hour (based on work shift and work experience)
Typical duties of the Machinist include the following:
- Set up and operate, in an efficient timely manner, a wide range of machine tools, both CNC and manual such as mill-turns, mills, lathes, and grinders on a diverse range of products involving difficult operations, aerospace tolerances, and complex shapes.
- Safety: Perform pre-operation checks for both individual machines and work areas.
- Production: Setup and operation of a variety of conventional and CNC machine tool(s) working on part features using prescribed tooling, gauging, and methods
- Quality: Manufacture, inspect, and respond accordingly to resolve issues ensuring parts meet established requirements
- Delivery: Support functions and process shop orders to meet established due dates.
- Cost: Responsible for tracking and problem solving of the materials used and efficient equipment use to reduce cost.
- Inventory: Responsible for the management of WIP, raw, and semi-finished materials. Perform cycle counts as specified.
- Lean: Participate in lean events and utilize lean processes in daily duties
- TPM: Perform daily required TPM on associated equipment
- 5S: Perform daily required 5S activities for the work area
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 or more years of manufacturing or military experience, or 2 years of formal technical training, is preferred with specific knowledge of blueprint reading and GD&T methods of dimensioning, as well as proper use and care of precision measurement tools
- Proficient in shop math, including geometry and conversions
- 2+years CNC machining experience preferred
- Some daily and weekend overtime may be required.
- Ability to understand written and oral instructions and communicate with supervisors and coworkers
- Basic knowledge and understanding of computer applications and software
- Must be able to lift 33 lbs. throughout the day.
- Certification as a Journeyman in the metal trades industry, current enrollment in an Apprentice Machinist Program, or previous machining experience is preferred.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website