Kelly Engineering Resources has an outstanding Direct Hire opportunity for an experienced Estimator with detailed knowledge of Concrete Estimation and Project Management. This is a great opportunity for someone who values a company with a strong reputation that has been built by nearly 100 years of quality projects and positive relationships in the Bay Area.
This position reports to the Chief Estimator. Candidates with concrete experience, and the ability to manage a high-volume of monthly bidding as well as multiple active projects simultaneously will receive immediate, premium consideration.
The hours are standard M-F hours; and the office is based in Hayward, CA.
Job Duties of the Estimator:
- Attend estimating meetings
- Perform quantity takeÃ¢??offs
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for projects
- Work on multiple bids simultaneously and deliver in accordance with deadline objectives.
- Operate and maintain proficiency in all internal estimating systems, and software.
- Support, manage, and direct all aspects of the estimating and bidding processes
- Review projects thoroughly and understand what is being requested for pricing
- Manage PreÃ¢??bid R.F.I's
- Assist Coordinator with tracking bids from date of bid to date of award as required
- Recognize when there is a need to solicit subcontractor and/or vendor quotes and evaluate them for scope and completeness
- Mentor junior staff. May review the work of other staff members for accuracy; offers suggestions as needed before bid data is consolidated.
- Upon award, lead meetings with in house staff and/or Subcontractors to develop complete scopes and discuss strategy
- After the bid, collect and organize all bid information for future reference.
Qualifications of the Estimator:
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial concrete construction estimator
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multiÃ¢??task
- Strong math and analytical skills.
Apply today for immediate consideration
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website