Kelly has an exciting, unique, long term opportunity for a Construction Field Coordinator/Construction Representative located in Midland, MI. This position will work closely with Lead Construction Managers on large capital projects (>$10MM) as well as have the potential to execute stand-alone intermediate projects ($300K - $2MM).
The Construction Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the project is constructed in strict compliance with all applicable drawings, specifications, and codes relating to the discipline that he/she is assigned. His/her activities are directed by the Site Construction Management Leader and the Large Project Construction Manager. He/she is responsible for achievement of functional goals and project success. The Specialist, along with other members of the project team, is responsible to ensure that construction of facilities meets EH&S, quality, and business requirements.
- Fully apply the use of Life Critical Standards, construction safety best practices and drive to a zero-incident safety culture on the project.
- Perform frequent field inspections to make BBP safety observations
- Dialogue with the craft persons regarding safety
- Actively participate in daily/weekly/special safety meetings and daily project safety tailgate meetings.
- Candidate must have proven excellence with oral and written communication skills. Ability to speak in front of large groups of contractor personnel.
- Ability to coordinate activities with construction crews and operations on multiple prime contracts on projects >$10MM.
- Ability to manage, as a lead Construction Representative, projects from $300K to $2MM.
- Provide the discipline-specific Construction expertise in the Front-End Loading (FEL) of a project. Support the CM in minimizing Construction costs through proper planning, technology application, and constructability techniques.
- Accurately track and maintain RFI's, FCO logs, base and T&M contract costs.
- Provide appropriate discipline-specific input to the Contract Labor Strategy.
- Understand and utilize the Construction Work Process Discipline.
- Support the CM in the process of developing construction integrated, resource loaded schedules.
- Communicate discipline specific issues and status to the CM in a timely manner.
- Perform frequent field inspections of the construction work operating in the mode of Quality Assurance. Communicate construction deficiencies to the CM, Construction Quality and construction contractor as well as ensure issues are properly addressed.
- Associates Degree in Construction Management, or Construction Technology or;
- HS Diploma and 5 years lead foreman or project management experience with a General Mechanical, Electrical, or General Contracting experience in the chemical or heavy industrial industry
- Ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Construction Management.
Detailed safety requirements:
- A passion for driving outstanding EH&S performance and developing a zero-incident culture.
- To intervene in unsafe behaviors at all levels and across all business and functional boundaries.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website