The Construction Manager is responsible for managing the construction of the assigned projects, focusing on Safety, Quality, Schedule and Cost.
Client is dedicated to using established tools, work practices and methods, combined with experience and productive relationships to actively manage these aspects of construction.
The Superintendent may be the sole Client representative on a site, a member of a construction management team, or the site lead, depending on project size and Superintendent experience.
The Superintendent directly manages the Contractors selected for the project.
The Superintendent shall be:
• Capable of managing Lump Sum Contracts with extras and Reimbursable Contracts.
• Capable of serving as an Advisor when our Customers manage the Contractors. In all cases, excellent Customer relations are essential.
• Sufficiently involved in field activities to assess and influence safety and quality, and have a good understand of progress and productivity.
The Manager shall:
• Lead the site to adhere to Client work practices (e.g. Job Safety Assessments, Safety Audits, Quality Assurance, Security Protocols and Progress Measurement) and shall directly execute work practices assigned to the Superintendent (e.g. Minuted Weekly Meetings, Reporting, and Contract Administration).
• Work with their Client home office Supervisor and Project Engineering Team to resolve technical issues.
• Understand project timing needs and assess and manage the Contractor's plan and execution to achieve the required milestones
• Clearly communicate progress and related issues to the full execution team.
• Manage the turnover of completed construction systems to the Commissioning Team.
• Participate in efforts to improve group work processes and capabilities.
Candidates for this position will be evaluated on the basis of the following:
• Having a demonstrated record of high performance with at least 10 years of direct Process Plant/ Industrial Field Construction experience.
• A track record of success in safety, quality, contract management, and planning.
• Strong Mechanical, Structural and Civil experience. Experience with front-end E&I activities.
• Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated use of tools and work practices to accomplish goals.
• A strong commitment to employee involvement, team building and diversity.
A pre-placement Fit for Duty Evaluation is required for this assignment.
Candidate will occasionally lift / carry 25 - 35 lbs., squat and climb.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website