An automotive manufacturing company is looking for talented individuals to join their team. The Controls Engineering Technician is responsible for assisting in the planning, implementing, and maintaining stable and capable production/business processes as they pertain to equipment functionality.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance and expertise lead, coordinate and facilitate troubleshooting in the modification of hardware, software, electrical and power transmission control systems to improve safety, reliability and operational readiness of manufacturing equipment.
- Coordinate with Maintenance, Production, and IT to modify programming and controls systems involving PLC s and PC s.
- Develop solutions and ensure the completion of long-term elimination of controls deficiencies; develop alternatives for controls equipment replacement, upgrade or program revisions that improve equipment performance and overall equipment reliability.
- Analyze and challenge existing procedures in areas of responsibility throughout the facility, making recommendations and working with Operational Management to integrate solutions.
- Develop concepts and implement solutions for network and automation.
- Troubleshoot, plan, test, and coordinate the implementation of preventive actions in order to establish and verify a stable production processes in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Monitor and improve performance of processes with respect to OEE, cycle time, uptime, and FTT. Establish, maintain, update, and administer controls documentation, including schematics.
- Generate, prepare, and present reports daily to immediate supervisor.
- Conform to all safety rules and use all necessary safety equipment, Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- ASEE with 5-8 years progressive, High School Diploma and 2-5+ Years of related experience. relevant experience or 10-15 years of progressive, relevant experience in a manufacturing, automotive environment.
- Experience in manufacturing
- Additional training, certificates and/or education will be considered in lieu of experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic English language competency required.
- Strong computer skills, must be proficient in MS Office.
- Experience with Assembly and Machining.
- Ability to set and achieve goals with supervision.
- Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal, and planning skills.
- Must have the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Must be self-directed and willing to work any shift.
- Knowledge and programming experience with AutoCAD, Siemens, Transline, Rockwell, vision systems, and robots required.
- Knowledge and experience with dispensing systems, networks ethernet, profibus, profinet , fastening operations, FDM/press operations, NVH, balancing BTI , laser cutting/welding, etching, gear cutting, heat treat, gear machining, straightening, and gear testing
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- AS in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Preferred Automotive manufacturing experience
- Experience with Assembly and Machining.
- Basic German language preferred
- Project management experience preferred.
- Arc Flash knowledge. preferred Keyence/Cognex/FANUC vision systems preferred. FANUC robots preferred.
- Experience with GP Reaves and A/C Shucker dispensing systems, Atlas Copco DC fastening operations, Kistler/Promess and Atlas Copco FDM/press operations, Trumpf, LaserMech and Precitec laser cutting/welding, Keyence and Telesis etching, Gleason gear cutting and machining, heat treat, Oerlikon gear machining, Eitel straightening, and Klingenberg gear testing preferred.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website