Kelly Engineering Resources has an exciting direct-hire opportunity for a Controls Field Service Technician at a growing custom machine tool company in Midland, MI.
The Controls Field Service Technician is responsible for providing service and support to customers by performing field service installation, startup, repairs and maintenance of mechanical equipment, such as spindles, slide units, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Travel frequently to customer's location and to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Capable of complete machine construction/installation wiring, startup/debug and testing of all systems and devices.
- Observes mechanical and electrical devices in operation and troubleshoots causes of trouble.
- Proficient in the use of personal computer-based programming/documentation software, measurement and testing equipment such as event recorders, digital multimeters, oscilloscopes and probe type devices.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines parts to determine imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Provides technical assistance required in machine build, installation, startup/debug and maintenance repair functions.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Perform quality demonstration on customer site.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Completes and submits field service reports promptly, from which reliability and maintainability data will be collected into the appropriate database.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent certification for technical school plus a minimum of three years relevant experience, or High School diploma (GED accepted) plus a minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Familiar with PLCs and ability to navigate through HMI equipment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and technical procedures and blueprints.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical diagrams, hydraulic diagrams, pneumatic diagrams, coolant diagrams, lubrication diagrams, part programs and drawings, technical procedures or documents.
- Ability to work varied hours including weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel up to 65% (including international travel)
What the Company Offers:
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plan options
- Paid Holidays and vacation days
- 401K with company match
- Extensive training and continuing education opportunities
- Career growth and development
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website