Main responsibilities are:
- Track timing and cost - project management
- Ability to shift focus quickly from one project to another
- Liaison - Support Purchasing / Engineering / Manufacturing
- design changes related to raw material and manufacturing process - exposure around scope and function
- Gather and consolidate data and cost
- Work in AS400 & Microsoft Excel
- Interface with required functional groups to resolve challenging delivery requirements.
- Understand material specifications in terms of substitutions, quality, engineering requirements, etc.
- Maintain basic knowledge of supplier processes and capabilities
- Process Flow
- Logistics & Supply Chain Coordination
Must be a strong written and verbal communicator, able to communicate to various audiences effectively
This Engineering Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day review, coordination, execution, distribution, verification, and documentation of engineering changes. The Engineering Coordinator reporting to the Finance team serves as a key quality control point for Engineering, Purchasing, and Finance change data by reviewing engineering data and finance information for conformance to product release standards. The Engineering Coordinator will be responsible to manage and enter data into the OE customer portals.
- Collect necessary information associated with engineering changes; including summary of fit, form, function changes and potential cost impacts.
- Liaison with the Engineering Department, Purchasing Department, and Manufacturing Department's project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Plan, communicate, and coordinate project change activity.
- Identify and drive improvements that will make the change and configuration management process more efficient, reliable, and cost effective.
- Assist with management and entering of change cost and detail information into the external customer portal E-Supplier Connect/Web RFQ on Change Notices (CN'S), and Engineering Change Requests (ECR's).
- Update bills of material as determined necessary and collect cost per part for Engineering and Purchasing.
- Roll the price breakdown and determine the base price with mark ups as ECR's occur.
- Comply with requirements of the quality management systems.
- Participate in Engineering, Purchasing, and Finance meetings, as required.
- Serve as a liaison to customer design staff and suppliers if placed in an off-site assignment.
- Understand and follow existing policies, procedures, work instructions and standards; and make recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Assist in special projects and other duties as required by the management team.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge and Abilities Required):
- Bachelor's degree or have equivalent experience in the automotive field.
- Excellent oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required.
- Familiarity with project management approaches and tools.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a very diverse environment.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website