Engineering Lab Technician
Menlo Park, CA
6 month temp, possible extension/conversion
Our client is a next generation microfluidics company with a proprietary platform designed to make highly quantitative measurements of nucleic acids and proteins with minimal capital equipment. This revolutionary platform is capable of performing standard PCR, RT-PCR and digital PCR measurements and multiplexed reactions in traditional laboratory, clinical and limited resource settings LRS . We are seeking innovative candidates who are self-driving and like to work with highly motivated people in a creative, collaborative and friendly environment.
- Candidate will be responsible for supporting the engineering group with basic part fabrication, electro/mechanical hardware assembly and testing activities for research and product development projects.
- Candidate will be responsible for supporting engineering process development with internal sample production and process control experiments.
- Candidate will be responsible for organizing the engineering laboratory including maintaining the stock of hand tools, fasteners, fluidic fittings and electrical components.
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring safe laboratory practices are followed, and safety tools and equipment are available.
- Candidate will support product development with assembly instruction feedback including design and process revisions, and creating fixtures to improve product manufacturability.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the engineering lab environment supporting research and development engineers with part fabrication, mechanical hardware and electrical cable assembly and test.
- Expert experience working with mechanical fabrication and assembly tools including basic machine shop equipment.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience assembling and debugging bench top and prototype instruments from engineering sketches and preliminary documentation.
- Understanding of basic fluidic, pneumatic, electrical and mechanical design principles.
- Experience operating and maintaining sophisticated engineering equipment including 3D printers, laser cutters, laser welders and optical inspection microscopes. Familiarity with lab safety protocols and the materials and tools required for the lab environment.
- Regular hands-on experience completing assembly and testing tasks, including test data files, engineering drawings, assembly procedures and specifications.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website