Kelly Engineering is currently seeking an Engineering PLC Technician for a long-term engagement at one of our global clients in Jacksonville, FL.
This role is a full-time, fully benefited position. As a Kelly Engineering employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You'll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time.
As an Engineering PLC Technician placed with KellyOCG you will be responsible for the following:
As a recognized expert within the controls environment the STL will operate in a lead capacity giving direction to on shift technicians driving machine uptime.
The STL has wide opportunities of exposure to new and changing environments. As an STL you will have direct impact on new equipment installations, obsolescing equipment as replacements and upgrades as they are directly supporting equipment across 3 generations of production equipment.
Continuous Operations Schedule 6am - 6pm
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Work with the team to develop strong proficiencies problem solving within the lens manufacturing environment.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of all control systems currently in use across the entire plant including PLC's, vision systems, lasers, Barcode readers, RFiD readers, Robots and networks.
- Develop and publish comprehensive trouble shooting articles for complex problems.
- Be part of the knowledge transfer process growing the technical skills of on shift personnel.
- Operate as first point of contact for automation related line down problems and an escalation point to automation controls engineering.
- Work directly with Automation Engineers to develop solutions for line run ability issues.
- Growth opportunities into the Automation Engineering group.
- Development opportunity depending on individual career aspirations.
Education: 2-year degree or equivalent work experience in a computing or software environment is preferred.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Medical Device or high-volume manufacturing environment
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Deep understanding of servo motor closed loop control systems.
- Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens APT, Strong electromechanical background. 480 volts.
- Deep understanding of process PID control
- Deep understanding of logical and sequence control.
- Deep understanding of Robot control systems.
- Experience with PLC Programming languages and troubleshooting. Rockwell and Siemens a Plus.
- Additional knowledge of vision systems and RFID technology would be useful.
- Ability to work within and productively get along with diverse groups.
- Sound computing skills.
- Highly motivated and enterprising person who initiates and gets the job done.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch.
Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States immediately and without employer sponsorship (F1 OPT cannot be considered for this position).
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website