Engineering Project Manager – Direct Hire
Kelly Engineering Resources is working with a manufacturer located in near Elgin that is searching for an Engineering Project Manager. You would be joining the main North American Manufacturing facility of a global organization. You will work on a variety of projects that support manufacturing engineering., by introducing new products to production, and execute capital projects. You will support and interact with R&D Engineering, Purchasing, Finance, Product Management and Production as well as multiple departments across the organization.
Essential Responsibilities include the following:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Provide oversight for the successful introduction of new products into Operations through concurrent engineering of new manufacturing technologies and methods.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and cost.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Drive outside organizations and cross-functional teams to meet project goals and objectives.
- Ensures effective development of product cost structures and standards.
- Maintains Engineering performance metrics to identify opportunities for measurable improvements.
Qualifications of the Successful Engineering Project Manager
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other technical field for project management.
- 5+ years of experience contributing to and leading engineering projects within a manufacturing facility. Experience/knowledge should include:
- Lean Manufacturing
- General knowledge of PLC controls, sensors
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Record of working with time constraints.
- Record of working with other departments
- Strong knowledge of New Product Process Development.
- Process knowledge of metal stamping/fabrication, welding, finishing, packing operations is required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office required. Any MRP systems a plus.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Proficiency with MS Project or other Project tracking tool is required.
- Project experience should include
- Mix of small to large capital project implementation in the manufacturing sector.
- Project justification (cost and technical)
- Required Interpersonal skills
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels from the shop floor to Executive level in order to justify strategies and implement them effectively.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to project completion.
- Is an effective problem solver, with ability to utilize analytical techniques to resolve conceptual issues.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website