Kelly is hiring a MCH Surveillance Epidemiologist for one of our clients in Indianapolis, IN.
- Hybrid role; will be working remotely and in office
- Hours 8am-4:30pm
- pay: $24/hr
The purpose of this position is to improve the health of Hoosier families by supporting the Division of Maternal & Child Health (MCH) of the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH) by serving as a trusted data advisor who promotes data-informed health strategies for Hoosier families and delivers high-quality work coordinating all epidemiology and data support activities related to MCH surveillance projects.
Specifically, these projects include the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System (PRAMS), the Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBS), and School Health Profiles (SHP). Incumbent serves as the MCH Surveillance Epidemiologist and will work independently and as a member of the team with innovation, flexibility, and enthusiasm.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Specific duties include:
• Perform comprehensive descriptive and/or inferential data analyses utilizing advanced statistical
methods and software, such as SAS, R, Tableau, etc.
• Serve as the subject matter expert pertaining to MCH surveillance data findings, including advocacy
of surveillance data.
• Work closely with MCH Programs Team to effectively support MCH surveillance projects and create
data outputs and visualizations for YRBS, SHP, and PRAMS.
• Create, share, and disseminate data findings to internal and external partners. Work with partners to
promote data understanding, proper utilization, and accurate interpretation.
• Support all data related activities for the PRAMS project and grant deliverables, including:
o Pull, clean, and submit monthly PRAMS batches in a timely manner.
o Monitor batch progress, including assisting with locating telephone numbers for telephone
o Develop proficiency with PRAMS PIDS software.
o Prepare and provide annual birth file to the CDC in timely manner.
o Develop, assist, and create CDC grant reports, submissions, applications, and other grant
deliverables in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Serve as an epidemiologic & technical liaison to the MCH Epidemiology Team, MCH Division, Vital
Records, and IDOH partners. Provide subject matter expertise to all levels of IDOH leadership.
• Support, attend, and advise the Indiana Perinatal Quality Improvement Collaborative task forces as
needed to promote MCH surveillance data and proper utilization.
• Perform related work, as necessary.
• MPH in Epidemiology or closely related field.
• Knowledge of and experience in data collection, management, and analysis.
• The ability to translate MCH surveillance data into meaningful, audience-specific outputs including
presentations, visualizations, fact sheets, infographics, and/or dashboards.
• Experience and skills in advanced statistical and epidemiologic analytic principles using statistical
programming software, such as SAS or R.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex data findings to
• Ability to work closely with MCH Programs Team and bridge data with program coordination.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, track project evolution,
and create quality outputs. Public health grant experience preferred.
• Ability to coordinate and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Must be able to complete work responsibilties in a timely manner and with little supervision.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn the organization and function of state and local health agencies.
• Willingness to assist MCH staff with additional projects as needed.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website