In the absence of the full-time classroom teacher, the substitute teacher provides instruction, encourages student's progress, and manages the learning environment.
- Implement existing lesson plans in a manner that motivates students to learn and participate
- Assign reasonable tasks and homework to students in accordance with the lesson plans
- Model correct use of spoken and written English language
- Demonstrate professional practices in teaching
- For long-term assignments (you must have 60 College Level Classes/Degree), you may be required to develop lesson plans; create, administer, and grade tests/assignments; participate in parent-teacher conferences; and attend school related functions. Please note: activities may occur outside of normal school hours.
- Maintain classroom control that fosters a safe, positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with Kelly Services, school, state, and all applicable laws and regulations
- Ensure adequate supervision of students and the classroom environment to assure the health, welfare, and safety of all students
- Report all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the Kelly supervisor and school personnel immediately
- May supervise students in out-of-class settings (e.g., assemblies, lunchroom, schoolyard)
Looking for meaningful work that enriches the lives of students in your community? At Kelly® Education, we connect passionate people with great jobs in local schools. Whether you're looking to work a few days a week or every day, want to work in a classroom or a non-instructional role—we'll connect you with flexible work you can feel good about. Even if you're new to the education field, our thorough training and orientation will prepare you to be successful.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website