Histology Technician – Austin, TX
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking a Histology Technician for one of our clients in Austin, TX.
As a Histology Technician placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for working in a manner that maintains patient identity throughout the process of embedding, cutting, cover slipping and staining.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for setting up patient paperwork and specimens for processing, and routinely embedding, cutting and staining.
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform the microtomy process
- Operates the microtome using settings, alignments, knife angles, and block orientation that facilitate sectioning and personnel safety.
- Follows laboratory standards for slide productions; section thickness, number and type of sections.
- Files paraffin blocks and microscopic slides
- Maintains accurate specimen identification throughout the embedding process
- Associate degree OR High School graduate or equivalent
- Preferred- Certification Histology ASCP or HTL (ASCP)
- 1-2 years of industry experience as Histology Technician
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume laboratory with documented immunohistochemistry an special stain experience
- Computer proficient, especially with Microsoft Office products
- Must have HT or HLT certification
- Excellent communication skills and strict attention to detail will be keys to success
- Flexible work schedule- Full-time and Part-time hours available
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website