Kelly Science is seeking an Industrial Hygienist for our API Manufacturing Client in Milwaukee, WI
Relocation & Sponsorship Available
Summary of role The Industrial Hygienist is accountable for driving results in a fast-paced environment by anticipating, assessing and recommending controls for occupational health & safety concerns including physical, chemical and/or biological hazards. The Industrial Hygienist supports operations, maintenance and laboratory staff by developing and implementing health & safety programs and procedures for the effective management risks. The position requires superior leadership behaviors of the core competencies and non-negotiables, as well as expertise in functional competencies included in this position profile.
• Develops and maintains Chemical Exposure Management and Industrial Hygiene Programs for the facility.
• Leads and participates in the development and implementation of supporting programs such as respiratory protection, personal protective equipment, hazard analysis and control, hazard communication, hearing conservation and ergonomics.
• Conducts routine and follow up industrial hygiene surveys, prepares reports, recommends improvements and communicates findings to site leadership.
• May coordinate contractor/consultant activities related to containment performance testing and development of containment solutions.
• Conducts and/or reviews incident investigations and the development of appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPA).
• Performs and participates in EH&S inspections.
• Trains employees and monitors competency for EH&S programs.
• Responds to emergency situations involving physical, chemical, and/or biological hazards.
• Maintains EH&S records and documents consistent with regulatory and corporate requirements.
• Participates in process safety evaluations and collaborates as necessary to provide guidance on solutions.
• Ensures timely completion and compliance with cGMP and all other relevant company training requirements. • Provides other EH&S support as necessary to support essential functions of the department and site.
• An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
• A team player with the ability to drive for success working in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
• Ability to react calmly and effectively in challenging situations.
• Ability to participate in incident evaluations, perform regular audits on EH&S programs and recommend improvements.
• Ability to read and interpret chemical process information such as chemical synthesis steps, piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs), and safety data sheets (SDS).
• Ability to perform complex math functions, draw logical conclusions and present findings in written reports as related to the practice of industrial hygiene.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Excellence in written and spoken communications.
• Candidates need to be competent with IT systems, and Microsoft Office including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
• Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a life sciences discipline or EH&S related discipline with minimum 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing environment.
• Industrial Hygiene degree or specialization preferred.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist certification highly preferred.
Interested? Apply Now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website