IT Commodity Manager (IT Services Procurement)
6 months, contract to hire opportunity!
Kelly IT Resources is working with the very busy, exciting, fast-paced Procurement/Sourcing team at a massive global computer hard disk drive manufacturer and data storage company, that designs, manufactures and sells data technology products, including storage devices, data center systems and cloud storage services. We are working with their Strategic Sourcing Director and aiding them in a direct search for 2 experienced IT Commodity Managers--one manager will need a specialization in HW/Networking and the other, in SW agreements.
In our discussions with the director, we have learned they are really looking for someone with strong negotiations experience along with research, presentation, communication and strategic expertise as well!
We are somewhat flexible on contract pay rate, and it will be at this point a 6-month contract, however there are 2 OPEN perm roles on the team, so this is absolutely a contract to hire possible role, or quite possibly a very long-term consulting engagement!
IT Commodity Manager Responsibilities:
- Developing the sourcing strategies for the IT category.
- The person in this position would be recognized as a sourcing expert for Technology-related categories, would liaison with legal, act as Procurement ambassador to the business and integrate into the business to ensure a complete alignment and deep understanding of the business goals and partner in developing sourcing strategies.
- The goal is to be value-added sourcing partners to the business.
IT Commodity Manager Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Negotiating information technology contracts for software licensing, telecom, data center and computer hardware and server products and related maintenance and support services that may be site specific or have global reach.
- The position involves developing negotiation strategies, advising requestors on contract terms and conditions, monitoring cost and scope of assigned contracts to assure compliance, best value and validate/improve pricing.
- The IT Commodity Manager may recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action
With Kelly, you'll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative and high- visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 3,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 8,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website