Kelly Services is recruiting Laboratory Assistants to work in a new clinical BSL-2 laboratory performing Covid-19 testing. This long-term assignment is in Valencia, California.
Please apply for immediate consideration, as positions are starting very soon!
Assignments are long-term. (Duration scheduled until June 2022 with possibility of extension and/or going perm, however not a guarantee.)
Full-time assignments with two different shifts: Day: 7a-7p or Overnight: 7p -7a.
Two schedules are available:
Sunday schedule: Week #1: Sun, Mon, Tues, Sat. Week #2: Sun, Mon, Tues.
Wednesday schedule: Week #1: Wed, Thurs, Fri. Week #2: Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, maintain and distribute stock to teams.
- Work with Quality to perform quality checks.
- Perform temperature monitoring of equipment.
- Track and, if specifically trained, perform equipment maintenance.
- Follow instructions from supervisor.
- Perform all job duties in a manner consistent with, laboratory, CLIA and local regulations.
- Maintain good communication with leadership, team members and customers.
- Ensure safety, security, and the environment in all aspect of the daily activities, and any potential safety hazards are addressed and corrected immediately.
- Understand ergonomic relationship between people, equipment and working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some working knowledge of a laboratory environment.
- Some previous administrative experience, preferably within a health service or laboratory setting.
- Good, accurate computer skills.
- Be detail oriented, organized, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have practical knowledge of routine laboratory equipment and procedures.
- Able to work effectively and able to deliver on tight datelines.
- Clinical and research lab environment; exposure to blood borne pathogens; must wear personal protective equipment including lab coat, gloves and completely closed footwear.
- Travel is not required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, use a keyboard, type, and occasionally stand and move to other parts of the lab.
- Must have manual dexterity to use lab equipment.
- Reach above/below the shoulder, bend at the knees and waist.
- Able to lift boxes up to 25 pounds.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website