Laboratory Assistant OR Accessioner – Job Openings in Austin
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently recruiting for Laboratory Assistant OR Accessioner in Austin, TX. The Laboratory Assistant OR Accessioner will be responsible for specimen receipt, counting, accessioning, scanning, centrifugation, decanting and preparation of patient specimens and manifest creation for laboratory send outs.
- Accession/Data entry duties as needed
- Handle incoming phone calls; customer interactions via phone to acquire missing information
- Verification of specimen identification from primary to aliquot tubes. Signing batch log to reflect verification.
- Follow and enforces all safety, infection control and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines
- Receiving samples from FedEx and logging tracking number/verifying FedEx insight pre-delivery log.
- Training and following applicable laboratory SOPs. Taking responsibility for individual training log and CE requirements as applicable.
- Responsible for accurately handling and processing all laboratory specimens, ensuring specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures.
- Adheres to departmental policies and procedures to include department programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Vocational School in related field OR High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- General laboratory skills
- Experience as a Specimen Processor
- Collection of blood or other bodily fluids
- Flexible to work extended hours as needed
- Full-Time or Part-Time Work Hours available
- Tuesday-Saturday; 9:00 am – 5:30 pm or 10:30am-7:00 pm
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website