Clinical Lab Associate- Menlo Park, CA
Shift: Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday 1pm-9:30pm
Pay: 29-30/hr DOE
Overview: We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Clinical Laboratory Associate to join our Operations Team. Primary responsibilities will be performing and assisting in laboratory tests, processes and analyses according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures. Candidates for this position should be highly motivated, a team player, and able to thrive in a high-throughput operations environment
- DNA extraction from different sample sources in a biosafety level 2 laboratory
- Quantify DNA sample concentration following QC protocols
- Prepare libraries for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) using automated and manual procedures.
- Quantify libraries using qPCR in automated and manual procedures
- Run libraries on NGS instruments
- Real time recording of automated sample processing workflows through a laboratory information management system (LIMS)
- Maintain robotic liquid handlers and sequencing instruments for optimal performance
- Determine sequencing loading schemes to generate required additional data
- Assists in data transfer and basic QC evaluation of data
- Track sequencing runs and manage data results through LIMS
- BA/BS in a biological discipline
- 0-2 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity with Hamilton, or other robotic liquid handlers desired
- Familiarity with next-gen sequencing protocols and/ or operation of Illumina instruments desired
- Familiarity with LIMS or sample management tracking systems desired
- Familiarity with Quality control of samples and quantification devices (e.g., TapeStation, Qubit, qPCR)
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.Why Kelly®
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website