Kelly Scientific is seeking a temp to hire Laboratory Technician I in Verona, WI.
Shift: Monday- Friday 7am-3:30pm
Compensation: $17/hour + up to $1000 in bonuses
Job Summary and Purpose:
The Lab Technician I provides support in the manufacture of vaccines through performance of cell, viral and bacterial culture processes.
Responsibilities and Key Duties:
- Conduct and/or assist with small and large scale non-viral and viral tissue culture and aerobic and anaerobic bacterial culture operations using antibiotic free media and/or perform observation, inoculation, harvest, inactivation, precipitation, decantation, and storage processes in accordance with approved procedures
- Perform inactivated fraction, modified live virus, and live virus antigen pooling and bulking procedures
- Assist with and/or perform daily observation and documentation of viral and/or bacterial cultures
- Assist with and/or create primary cell cultures in antibiotic free media
- Conduct all post lyophilization activity, including removal of product from the lyophilizer, capping, inventory, storage, and equipment cleaning
- Operate and/or assist with the operation of the lyophilizer
- Prepare solutions and equipment
- Conduct filling procedures for inactivated, modified live virus, and/or diluent products
- Disinfect and clean laboratories and equipment
- Maintain frozen seed inventory
- Freeze new cell passages as directed
- Maintain a record of limited instances of deviations due to “negligence”
- Perform duties in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and make suggestions for changes as needed
- Accurately complete all necessary documentation in accordance with good documentation practices
- Perform general housekeeping of halls, airlocks, laboratories, storage areas, and equipment
- Additional duties as assigned
- Solutions out of complexity - Work to evolve immediate environment
- Client focus - Make sure needs and requests are treated equally and in a positive way
- Collaborate with empathy - Fully takes part in the working group to share information, listens to others and have a clear idea of the decisions taken
- Engage and develop - Open to share knowledge and to receive feedback from others
- Drive ambition and accountability - Ensure accuracy of work with the use of KPI's and a responsible commitment
- Influence others - Show structure and confidence while speaking
Technical / Functional Competencies:
- Strong mathematical aptitude
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work overtime as needed
- Knowledge of clean room behavior and aseptic technique
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Education – undergraduate degree in biology or a related field preferred but not required
Work Experience – Previous laboratory work preferred but not required
- Able to read, write legibly and understand English
- Frequent repetitions of squatting, bending, reaching and twisting
- Frequent standing for long periods of time
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and greater (with team lift)
- Frequent repetition of wrist and shoulder rotations
- Dexterity: frequent fine motor movements
- Visual inspection in order to compare to color standards
Clean room manufacturing laboratory in dedicated and sterile full suit gowns, including face mask
Egg and fermentation production laboratory with exposure to warm to cold temperature extremes
Interested? Apply now!
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website