Lab Technician -Infectious Disease Lab
Shift: Tuesday- Saturday
Pay Rate: $17.50/hour
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for accurately and efficiently processing samples using laboratory equipment and quickly reporting any problems to management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collects, prepares and evaluates patient specimens for analysis and perform technical procedures with accuracy and precision, meeting the standards of all accrediting/regulatory agencies in a timely manner
• Operate laboratory instruments and equipment and perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratory's standard operating procedures
• Recognizes unusual patient results and identifies problems in analytical procedures/systems; responds with appropriate investigation and/or corrective action
• Troubleshoots assays and equipment which fail to perform adequately
• Observes established safety guidelines and maintains cleanliness of the laboratory
• Keep a meticulous and organized record of specimens, tests, instrument logs, and technical analyses
• Maintain stringent standards for quality, identifying any issues which might adversely impact the quality of test results and/or employee safety, and communicating these to the appropriate management representatives as necessary for resolution
• Participates in activities required to support all necessary licensure for the clinical laboratory, including quality management functions and on-site inspections of the laboratory.
• Responsible for maintaining updated understanding and knowledge of the methods employed in the laboratory and the use of the resulting information by physicians through continuing education activities.
• Consult with management and personnel on better operational procedures to improve overall efficiency and product yields.
• Accurately document and maintain all records for equipment and instruments
• Support the administrative functions of the lab as required
• All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
• Proficiency in MS Office programs, quality control applications, word processing, spreadsheets
• Multitask and coordinate multiple projects/ assignments simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis
• Ability to adapt in a constantly changing environment and the ability to work under tight deadlines
• High level of accuracy is required with a special attention to detail
• Ability to analyze and solve basic issues
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences; ability to proactively communicate consistently, clearly, and honestly
• Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment
• Associates degree in required, BS in life science preferred
• Experience with PCR, DNA extraction, or Immunoassay preferred (Industry OR Academic)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website