Laboratory Associate – Minneapolis MN
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently seeking candidates for a Laboratory Associate for one of our top clients in Minneapolis, MN. This is an open ended contract position.
As a Laboratory Associate placed with Kelly Scientific Resources, you will be responsible for assisting in the Product Finishing department with bottling operation and other activities involved in the product finishing process.
- Cap vials or tubes, operate the torqueing equipment.
- Label product, operate the labeling equipment
- Count, verify and record number of finished products.
- Assist department in maintaining inventory of vials, tubes, closures, trays and dividers.
- Collect verity and distribute bulk product samples per procedure.
- Assist with monthly cleaning of clean room, including counters, hoods, torque, labeler, sinks, and all work areas.
- Set up bottling: product verification, product mixing, selection of caps and vials as per product request, prepare the vial or tube for volume check and complete the worksheets associated with the bottling operation.
- Deliver finished product to the shipping department.
- Verify counts of labeled product.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outline in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 0 to 2 years of related experience with the ability to complete tasks accurately and productively required
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a fast pace environment, multi task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel as well as computer entry and/or typing skills are desirable
- Knowledge of laboratory procedures.
- Skills pertaining to basic math and reading.
- Skills in problem solving; including the ability to identify and appropriately evaluate a course of action.
- Ability to act independently in determining methods and procedures on routine assignments or projects.
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task to complete assignments in an efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both oral and written.
- Ability to pay attention to details and perform at a high-level accuracy.
- Ability to work hours that conform to standard business operations and/or department needs. (7:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.)
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website