Laboratory Materials Manager
Seattle, WA, Full time
Kelly Scientific Resources is currently hiring for a Direct Hire Laboratory Materials Manager to work at a biotech company in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a highly motivated Buyer Planner with an understanding of lab operations and experience with purchasing in a fast-paced lab environment. Focused on a just-in-time approach to purchasing, and using a sequenced approach to volume purchasing, the Purchasing Associate is a key contributor to the success of the company as a leading provider of assay development and specialty laboratory testing.
- Plans and prepares inventory accumulation to support laboratory services and business support. Estimates and establishes ordering schedules and lead times according to project schedules, capacity, and customer needs.
- Analyzes project schedules and requirements for all lab and assay development and validation teams, including material and supply lists. Determines the quantity and timing of materials, components, and supplies. Considers lead times when developing action plans.
- Studies, interprets, and converts intermediate-term project requirements, materials availability, and capacity into purchasing forecasts and adjustable inventory needs.
- Escalates material delays in a timely manner
- Prepares reports summarizing process-related information such as stock levels, turnover, inventory overages, expiration dates, and shortages, etc.
- Oversees data entry for inventory received and dispatched. Entry includes quantity, cost, location, specifications, and destination.
- Negotiates pricing and shipping schedules with vendors for large project orders
- Communicates with several teams to provide pricing quotes, reagent ETAs and appropriate invoicing information
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Bachelor's in a scientific field, plus three years of experience in a laboratory setting, including working in purchasing, inventory control and planning.
- Experience negotiating price and pacing of volume orders with a variety of vendors.
- Knowledge of buying and ordering processes, inventory control, and materials requirements, to meet project schedules and lab sequences for material requirements, and related inventory systems.
- Working knowledge of centralized inventory control, as well as laboratory and specimen handling processes.
- In-depth knowledge of computer systems that support production, e.g., inventory control and purchasing.
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, to prepare reports and procedure descriptions, coordinate with and train staff, and communicate well and regularly with vendors.
- Sufficient math skills to compute sums, products, and prepare estimates and sequences.
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website