Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as a Lab Tech at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in San Angelo, TX.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position (Brooke.Schoen@kellyservices.com) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Job Title: Lab Tech
Pay: $16.66 per hour
Laboratory Technicians serve in support of Transmission and Generation and third party interests, performing a variety of independent, non-routine, and more complex quantitative analyses using sophisticated laboratory instrumentation.
The Technician Associate performs the preparation of oil samples prior to analysis, and performs a variety of technical duties requiring limited independent analyses, organizing work, and learning to make analytical decisions based on quality control results and trends.
The Technician Associate must have excellent computer based skills required to work with laboratory software, equipment asset database, and be competent in Microsoft Office.
1. Receive samples for oil analysis and dissolved gas analysis, record their receipt in the log book, and store samples as required.
2. Follow established laboratory processes and procedures, perform analysis of laboratory data, and document analysis results in equipment asset database.
3. Perform with oversight a variety of duties of a technical nature requiring some independent analysis and exhibiting fundamental understanding of lab procedures.
4. Demonstrates competency in routine procedures and analytical techniques under the guidance of experienced technicians.
5. Understands and practice safe laboratory procedures. Perform all tasks in a safe manner, according to company policy.
6. Demonstrates competencies required for accuracy and precision of analytical data for laboratory work.
7. Develops an awareness of the relationships among sample turnaround time, sample load, and internal and external customer requirements.
8. Understands the importance to record and communicate unusual occurrences during the course of analytical methods and procedures.
9. Ship and receive materials through pony express, UPS, and other carriers.
10. Receive chemicals, compressed gas cylinders, and supplies. Record receipts and place in storage as required.
11. Understand the operation, care and maintenance of Laboratory test equipment.
12. Clean and maintain assigned areas of the laboratory and perform other housekeeping duties as may be assigned.
13. Dispose of broken glassware, scrap sampling cans, sample oil, and other materials in accordance with Environmental requirements.
14. Operate company automotive equipment in the course of the pick-up and/or delivery of various samples, supplies, materials, etc., as assigned.
15. Be available for call-out and overtime as assigned.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Requirements:
Associate Degree in Science in Chemistry Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
Must live within 30 minutes or reporting location and possess a valid vehicle driver's license.
Additional Requirement: Excellent computer based skills required to work with laboratory software, equipment asset database, and be competent in Microsoft Office.
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website