Kelly is hiring for a Laboratory Technician position with one of our clients in Johnston, IA
- Full time- W2
- 6- 8 month contract (May be extended or converted)
- With guidance from supervision and within established procedures, conducts routine research laboratory activities, information/data management activities or operates small scale production equipment in support of research and development.
- Identifies and suggests improvements in methods, plans projects of limited duration and scope, troubleshoots when erroneous or unexpected results occur.
- Responsible for producing research experimental results, or information/data management results, or assembling and configuring of small-scale production equipment and control systems utilizing a variety of techniques, effectively documenting findings and communicating results.
- Some duties to include, but not limited to:
- Assists with maintenance of cultures of plant pathogens on agar slants and silica gel and perform periodic transfers and virulence checks.
- Performs routine laboratory cleaning and sanitizing including glassware washing and cleaning the various labs.
- Assist lab personnel in controlled environments (greenhouse and/or growth chambers) with assays.
- Media preparation, plant pathogen transfers, pathogen growth, blending of cultures, seed media preparation, sterilization of seed media, coating or growth of pathogens on sterile seed media and packaging and shipping of finished inoculum to research locations
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- College Diploma or University Degree preferred
- Knowledge and experience in general lab operation preferred
- Attention to detail and ability to stay focused while performing repetitive tasks is required.
- Ability to work well with teams as well as independently.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills are required.
- Experience with problem solving and process improvement are a plus.
- Experience with computer systems and standard software programs (excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Self-motivated and goal oriented.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please apply online to be considered for the position.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. That's why we're proud to offer a complete array of voluntary benefits to members of the Kelly talent community.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Why Kelly® Science & Clinical?Kelly Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire industry experts just like you. Our team creates expert talent solutions to solve the world's most critical challenges. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills, interests, and career goals—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background and education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get your expertise noticed.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Apply on company website