Laboratory Technician (Entry Level) - Phoenix, AZ
Kelly Scientific is looking for a Entry Level Laboratory Technician to work with one of our top clients in Phoenix, AZ.
This is a temporary 4 week position with potential to extend!
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician who will be responsible for operating and maintaining various testing equipment. The lab tests used oils, coolants, and fuels for trucking fleets and industrial companies to tell them the condition of the fluid and the machine it came out of. Provide our customers with reports on their requested testing for each sample with an average two-day turn-around time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for operation of oil analysis test equipment.
- Basic maintenance of equipment including calibration and standardization.
- Meet sample production requirements as determined by the laboratory manager.
- Handles used oils, diesel fuels, solvents, and acids.
- Follow SOP's.
- Exercise laboratory safety practices.
- Strong commitment to quality and integrity.
- Ensure the accuracy, precision, and integrity of the results generated by the laboratory through participation in proficiency testing programs, audits of test procedures, quality meetings and follow-up on questionable and out-of-control data.
- Conduct all testing procedures in compliance with the divisional QA/QC policies and procedures as documented in the division's Quality Assurance Manual (QAM) and associated Standard Quality Procedures (SQP)
- Conduct all testing procedures in conformance with the ISO/IEC 17025 Testing Laboratory Standard, as applicable.
- Conduct all safety and hazardous waste management activities in accordance with the Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) compliance policies and procedures, to include, but not limited to, the division's Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP), Hazardous Waste Management (HWM) Standard Safety Procedure (SSP), Contingency Plan.
- High school Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Science preferred
- 6 months experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience with Viscosity testing is a plus
- Basic Mathematical skills.
- Working knowledge of computer software.
- Diligent work ethic and the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details.
- May occasionally move some barrels, so must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- High energy level, confidence and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work overtime, evenings, and weekends
APPLY TODAY! Questions? Email Kevin at email@example.com or call Kevin at 623-688-2142
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website