Laboratory Technician I - Microbiology, Garden Grove, CA
The Laboratory Technician reports to the Laboratory Supervisor, supports assigned duties and responsibilities, and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities, e.g., Quality Manual, SOPs, and Methods.
- Adhere to appropriate quality measures to meet or exceed the standards set by ISO/IEC 17025, government regulatory, and company requirements relevant to assigned duties.
- Adhere to all health, safety, and environmental regulations relative to assigned analytical work; maintain and assist others in maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Registration of incoming samples (as needed), maintaining a neat and accurate record system of work performed on a daily basis and as needed for quality control tests or regulatory purposes.
- Enter the sample data into company eLIMS sytem in a timely and accurate manner.
- Complete laboratory testing on all incoming samples in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; ensure sample turnaround time goals are met or exceeded.
- Verify results and submit results to the appropriate personnel for transmission, in a timely manner.
- Identify process difficulties and report these together with proposed solutions to supervisor.
- Maintain a perpetual state of readiness and willingness to respond to the queries and needs of clients, staff, and co-workers.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with all company employees. Communicate orally and in writing to co-workers. This includes "intra" and "inter" departmental employees.
- Promote the company image through the exercising of sound and ethical business practices as related to the public and our customers.
- Continually strive to improve the quality of work we provide to our clients through existing and new technologies
- Identify non-confromances and out-of- specifications and investigate to determine the possible root causes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in relevant Life Science field (Microbiology, Food Science, or related) preferred.
- Associate's degree (AS) and at least one (1) year of related, industry experience, or High School diploma and at least two years of science-related college coursework required.
- One (1) to three (3) years' experience in related field.
- Must have understanding of Microbiology techniques and processes (i.e. pipetting, plating, pouring, media prep, incubation, reading / enumeration, etc.)
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use: eLIMS-ME, Excel, Micronet, Outlook, Jira, equipment software
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Commitment to quality work and performance goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
For immediate consideration, apply today! Contact Toni for questions or further information at 714 454 8252 OR TONM369@kellyservice.com
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website