Kelly Scientific is currently seeking out motivated candidates for a Large Animal Research Technician position with one of our top clients in Coon Rapids!
Summary: Provides care for laboratory animals before and after surgical procedures, including ongoing monitoring, data collection and providing for their basic needs. Facilitates the execution of client sponsored preclinical research from pre-initiation to study completion specializing in the care of large animals and interventional/surgical studies.
Hours:40/week M-F Rotating start between 6am-10am
3-6 Month Temp-to-Hire
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations in order to implement appropriate regulations as they apply to the non-clinical research environment and individual protocols.
2. Dispenses medications as prescribed by veterinarian and/or protocol specifications.
3. Performs and documents a variety of activities, including but not limited to, routine clinical observations, charting of physiological data and animal health status, taking study-required animal weights, documentation of maintenance medicine administration, etc.
4. Assists with procedure preparation by administering start-up medications, monitoring the fasting of animals, and performing pre-procedure animal weights and clinical observations.
5. Monitors animals during their initial post-operative recovery, and during their critical recovery phase on the days following surgery, including performing TPRs (temp, pulse, respiration), auscultation of the heart and lungs, assessing pain of animals at incision sites, changing wound dressings and administering medications.
6. Performs intravenous blood draws.
7. Performs preventive health maintenance such as administering maintenance medications, administering anthelmintics and vaccinations, ointment applications, hoof and nail trims including sedation as needed, bathing and ear cleaning.
8. Performs all aspects of veterinary care and general husbandry procedures according to established procedures, guidelines and study protocols that meet the acceptable criteria of the veterinarian.
9. Communicates with veterinary staff, supervisor and study directors regarding living conditions and medical status of animals.
10. Assists with training newer large animal research technicians.
11. Assists with other duties as assigned.
• Associate or Bachelor degree in related veterinary field (Animal Science, Veterinary Technology or Biology) or the LAT certification is required.
• A Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) certification is desirable but not required.
• Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Please apply online or send your resume to JENF524@KELLYSCIENTIFIC.COM for immediate consideration. Please feel free to forward this job information to anyone you know who may be interested in this opportunity!
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website