Life Science Buyer - La Jolla, CA
Long term Contract (Potential temp-to-hire)
Shift: Mon- Fri; 8AM-5PM
- Drafts and execute simple purchase orders. Participates in the development of simple Request for Quotations (RFQs). Perform functions under a delegated Signature Authority.
- Communicates with suppliers to receive quotes, place orders, and expedite delivery. Makes awards based on lowest cost that meets specifications. Create and foster a climate of open communication with current and potential suppliers regarding market trends, customer service, and product/service quality in order to develop business relationships that maximize value.
- Regularly communicates with customers, primarily by phone and email. Participates in out-reach and consensus building activities with the campus community to present benefits of agreements for increasing contract compliance while addressing concerns about changes in supplier choices and/or business processes.
- Performs simple cost analyses. Makes awards based on cost and specification requirements. Investigate customer complaints, expedite overdue orders, and exercise judgment to resolve issues.
- Under direct supervision, provides analytical support for simple to moderate purchasing projects. Follows established practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Participates in professional development and training.
- Degree in a Life Science field.
- Life Science lab experience, either academic or work related
- Working knowledge of organization structure, policies and procedures and other regulations. Knowledge of university and non-profit institutions, academic, research and administrative departments. Ability to prepare and maintain fully documented procurement files which reflect a thorough knowledge of established policies and procedures to meet university and government requirements.
- Developing analytical skills necessary to evaluate the cost effectiveness of purchasing options. Ability to analyze data and information, recognize potential impact, identify alternative solutions, and make recommendations to management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Ability to withstand pressure and retain personal effectiveness in busy environment. Ability to exercise tact, mature judgment, confidentiality, diplomacy and flexibility to promote positive working relationships and job effectiveness.
- Proficiency in the use of standard spreadsheet and word processing software. Proficient at MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
For Immediate Consideration, Apply Today! Questions? Call Airika at 562-206-2707 or email at email@example.com
To schedule a time to connect, please click the link to add your availability to my calendar. https://calendly.com/airc843/30min?month=2020-09
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website