Kelly Services is seeking candidates for a full-time Logistics Operator role with an industry leading, Fortune 500, global, chemical manufacturing company, in Auburn, MI.
Logistics operators are responsible for providing Production areas the raw materials and packaging components needed to run their processes. They are responsible for packaging products into finished goods and assist with material movements throughout the site. This includes completing timely/accurate SAP transactions for all movement of materials and general trouble shooting when errors occur. This also includes communication with all relevant departments, basic SAP transactions, and general labor around the site as directed by site Shift Activity Coordinators. This role must actively seek to understand and follow all site and area safety and quality requirements to maintain safe operations.
Candidates must be reliable, flexible, willing to learn and demonstrate good teamwork skills. They must have a general understanding of basic hand tools and how to use them.
- Movement of material utilizing fork trucks including but not limited to staging materials and supplies
- Picking up raw materials/finished goods and putting away correctly
- Assistance with warehouse activities and shipment preparation as needed
- Follow safety procedures including LOTO, PPE and equipment SOP's.
- Follow and understand Transfer Orders, pull material and deliver while performing accurate transactions.
- Follow safety procedures including LOTO, waste disposal, PPE and equipment SOP's.
- Follow Run sheet instructions (regarding packaging and cleaning) and execute on the floor.
- Pour and/or package material into drums, pails, cans, syringes, bottles, etc. by using various presses and pumps (1% accuracy targets)
- Manually assemble boxes and packaging material
- Label and box final product
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Assistance with environmental activities (pull scrap report)
- Lift raw materials, finished products manually up to 50lb
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete
- Apply labels to final shipment boxes and containers
- Perform ADC bar-coding for SAP transactions
- Ability to identify labeling and packaging of hazardous and non-hazardous materials
- Understand and follow 5S principles to provide and maintain a hazard free/Safe environment.
- General Housekeeping
- Understand and follow 5S principles to provide and maintain a hazard free environment to meet cGMP and ISO requirements.
- Able to manipulate small packaging components IE: caps, foil bags
Knowledge and Abilities
- Basic computer skills, SAP experience is a plus.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to daily changing work tasks.
- High level of interpersonal, organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools
- Basic mechanical aptitude
Education and Experience
- Valid Michigan driver's license.
- Employee must successfully complete team specific checklists.
- Training profiles for this position are maintained within Diamond Learning
Majority of tasks will be indoors operating a fork truck and properly handling raw materials and finished silicone products. There is considerable bending and twisting required. Occasional lifting of up to 50 lbs is required while prepping loads or putting away finished goods. Job requires ability to climb stairs and ladders occasionally. Some outside work will be required in all kinds of weather.
Mainly, work will be indoors involving the safe and proper handling finished silicone products. There is considerable walking, standing, bending and twisting required. Constant lifting of up to 50 lbs. is required when loading or packaging final products.
Due to the high volume of responses anticipated, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “submit your resume” button. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter listed below recruiting for this position by email. However, your resume must be received via the “submit your resume” button included within. Please contact recruiter Lindsay Pittwood with questions, concerns, or email applications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website