Kelly Services is currently seeking a Machine Operator for a Production company located In Baltimore, MD 21226.
This is a 1st shift role M-F from 7am to 3:30pm.
The pay rate is $16.86 hourly/weekly every Friday.
We are seeking a reliable, punctual, and hardworking individual that needs little to no help in completing the duties assigned.
Machine Operator ll
7am--3pm OT/Sat as needed
• Ensures Order Readiness for each order to begin production.
• Operates equipment per appropriate specifications and safety requirements.
• Follows all instructions as provided by supervisor.
• Set up machine and materials for each order (including paper rolls, stacked materials, dies, plates and all necessary material).
• Operates power hand tools and corrugating, flexo or die cutting equipment.
• Must ensure the quality of the products
• Works rotating shifts (1st and 2nd)
• 80% Operates machinery to create corrugated boxes.
• Includes checking the order against specifications and maintain quality.
• Loading materials onto the machine.
• Folding flaps
• Removes strapped bundles from the machine to prevent pile up of materials.
• Ensure quality specifications and food/product safety requirements are met
• 5% Reviews the Backlog by Machine Report¿ and determine the next orders to be produced on all assigned machines.
• 10% After orders are completed:
• Remove and wash print plates, then return to storage area.
• Remove cutting dies from work center and return to storage area.
• Remove used kits of ink and return to storage area.
• 5% Remove and weigh all machine generated waste at end of shift
• As necessary Assists with set up.
• As necessary Cleanup work area.
Must have the ability to multi-task and follow directions. Requires close attention to detail. Activities require physical labor and hand-eye coordination.
High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or equivalent experience preferred.
Must have basic math skills and be able to use and read a ruler for measurements.
Prior production experience preferred, including machine operation.
• Must be able to stand, reach and move about the facility and the machine area for 8 or more hours per day.
• Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. daily.
• Must be able to work in varied climates, including high temperatures.
• Must be able to wear safety and personal protective equipment (bump cap, steel-toed shoes, ear plugs, eyewear, and other necessary equipment).
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website