What's next for you? This great job. Finding a job that fits your lifestyle isn't always easy. That's where Kelly® Professional & Industrial comes in. We're seeking for a Maintenance Mechanic to work at a company in Bartow, FL 33830. We're here to help you find something great that works for you—so you won't miss a moment of what really matters in your life.
Why you should apply to be a Maintenance Mechanic
- Pay Rate: $26.57
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 4:00 PM - 4:00 AM / Night Shift
- Direct Hire
- Learn multiple aspects of mechanical and electrical maintenance throughout the shop
- Must be able to read a multi-meter and have familiarity with 480 volts.
- Must have some experience with bearings, be able to troubleshoot and aid troubleshooting
- Be able to perform Electrical Installation, Machine Inspection, and various mechanical and electrical repairs
- Must be able to write work orders and understand PM schedule
- Have a general knowledge of how to trouble shoot issues
- Assist a mechanic or electrician in associated repairs and maintenance work
- Maintain an incident log of all equipment and structural repairs both weekly and monthly
- Maintain appropriate professional competencies, certifications, licenses, etc., necessary to perform job.
- Make management aware of any training needs you have. Consult your management immediately if you are being asked to perform work for which you are not trained and/or are not comfortable doing because of potential safety or risk implications.
- Maintain an attitude that unlawful or unethical actions are not acceptable.
- Value the differences each individual brings to the workplace and welcome diversity within our workforce. Support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination.
- Conduct business on behalf of the Company in full compliance with the laws of the many jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Knowledgeable with plant equipment
- Be able to cover for the Lead when out
- Knowledgeable with basic testing, troubleshooting, disassembly, inspecting, precise measuring, repair and re-assembly of all plant equipment and components with limited instruction
- Identify and report equipment abnormalities and safety hazards
- Must be company tested and authorized to operate a forklift
- Assist in general plant clean up and housekeeping
- This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and has no direct reports.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Electrical and Mechanical certification required
- The ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
- Communicate and interact with coworkers in a professional manner
- Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- High awareness for safety with the ability to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and work in a non-temperature controlled environment, as well as with exposure to outdoors
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, although most frequent lift is up to 30 pound
- Ability to be company trained and authorized to operate powered industrial trucks, aerial platforms and bridge cranes in arc flash safety, confined space entry, hazardous energy control and fall protection
- Ability to spend 75% of workday standing or walking, 10% bending or kneeling, 10% stooping, and 5% climbing
- Climb and work from ladders, aerial platforms , bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 feet
- Must be able to troubleshoot components, weld to make parts and be able to read and understand Electrical & Hydraulic Prints & Fabricate components
- The ability to work one (1) to two (2) shifts of overtime per week, as needed
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Actively pursuing an Associate's or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- The ability to interpret and fabricate components based on basic blueprints or specification sheets
- One year of experience with basic troubleshooting pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- One year of experience basic welding/fabricating metal structures/components
- Climb and work from ladders, man lifts, bridge cranes, and roofs in excess of 80 feet
- Work in adverse conditions: wet, hot, dusty, dirty or cold
Once you apply, you'll proceed to next steps if your skills and experience look like a good fit. But don't worry—even if this position doesn't work out, you're still in our network.
Helping you discover what's next in your career is what we're all about, so let's get to work. Apply to be a Maintenance Mechanic today! Please contact Jessica Reyes at 863-225-0903.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click here for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
Get a complete career fit with Kelly®.You're looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we're here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
About KellyWork changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life—just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Apply on company website