Kelly Services is currently hiring for Material Handler for an international biotechnology product development company in Asheville, NC 28804. (Near Weaverville area)
Second Shift: Monday-Friday 2:15pm-10:15pm, able to work overtime and weekends when needed
Pay rate: $15.75 per hour
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
At work on time every day and be in your work area when scheduled. Works overtime and weekends when needed to accomplish production goals.
- Operates forklift, hand truck, tugger, buggy or hoist to unload, store and distribute parts and material.
- Performs equipment safety check and completes documentation as required
- Maintains current forklift certification (we will train)
- Loads, unloads, stores and distributes both purchased material and internally manufactured parts and assemblies.
- Checks purchased material order for accuracy; record parts or material received and delivered, as required.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors. Initiates non-conformance ticket when parts are identified as defective.
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or pallet storage area.
- Perform weight counts by selecting sample count to determine base weight per unit of parts; then add parts until required weight is met to generate appropriate part count.
- Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Fills pick orders accurately and timely to ensure full production rates are supported. Distributes material, parts and assemblies to production lines.
- Scans barcodes to manage and maintain accuracy of inventory storage and change. Places parts in bins or other locations as designated.
- Performs cycle count on designated parts and compares to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjusts errors.
- Monitors the inventory level of basic parts and materials. Notifies supervisor/coordinator or purchasing, as required of inventory shortages.
- Follows HAZMAT safety procedures when handling hazardous materials and completes MRB sheets and complies with federal laws regulating waste disposal methods.
- Performs specific shipping preparation based on order, destination, company and shipping specific requirements to meet customer requests.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming shipments.
- Coordinates shipping details such as carrier, special crating requirements, etc.
- Wraps product with protective material to protect units during transportation.
- Enters product related information into computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
- Communicates effectively within department or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding materials issues and goals.
- Troubleshoots work related problems to Supervisor, Coordinators or Engineering team.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations in the department as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety, efficiency, quality and customer demands.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices and with ISO standards.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete online training and complete Performance Management and Development goals.
- Assures that tools and equipment are in proper condition for usage.
- Ability to identify various parts for distribution to production lines and/or to check against purchase orders.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret packing lists and requisition and/or pull lists, write, and complete simple forms.
- Forklift license preferred or be able to obtain certification within three months.
- Knowledge of standard policies/procedures for receiving and/or storage of materials.
- Knowledge of Baan would be a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Manufacturing warehouse work experience is preferred.
- Physical Demands: Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
It's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door and gain valuable experience so apply today!!
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a National Kelly Recruiter, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position by pressing the “SUBMIT RESUME” button below. Resumes can also be sent to Danielle.Haese@kellyservices.com
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website